How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7569
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my partner is an egyptian man and lives in egypt where i too

Resolved Question:

my partner is an egyptian man and lives in egypt where i too will eventually settle. He wants to come to england to support me through my sisters illness and eventually her death as i am struggling at the moment. How can i bring him here for two weeks to help me through. Does he need a visa or any other form of permission. Please help
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

Do you live together in Egypt and if so for how long
Kind regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

no i live in england and i am white british ......the plan is for me to eventually move to egypt but i cant think of this at the moment. My partner only wants to come over for a couple of weeks to support me through this horrible time. The doctors dont expect my sister to live beyond today and i just need my partner with me at he moment...please advise me


Regards julia

Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

Hi Julie,


Thanks for your reply. I am sorry you find yourself in this stressful situation.


He needs to apply for a visitor's visa. He cannot travel here without it if he is an Egyptian citizen


The eligibility criteria for a visitor's visa is as follow, is that you need to show that:-

  • Youwant to visit the UK for no more than six months;
  • You intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit;
  • You have enough money to support yourself during your stay in the UK without working or needing help from public funds


You have to try and show them that he has continuing obligations in Egypt which will continue after the visit and therefore convince them that he is not a risk of overstay. Things like a letter from his employer stating he has a job (if he does) and is expected to return to continue that job, return flight tickets, evidence of continuing accommodation (eg. tenancy agreement of evidence of ownership of a property, bank statements showing the money he has available).


If you will assist him during the intended stay you should ask them to go to a local solicitor to draft a sponsorship declaration in which you state the terms of his visit, that you are to return at the end of it, that if you are in a relationship with that person then you know that he should leave at the end of the visit because it would harm the chances of any future application made to secure leave to remain on the basis of that relationship, that you shall accommodate you and shall pay the costs of any unforeseen expenses that should occur during his stay so that nether of you will need to access public funds.


If he is to stay for a long time he will need to demonstrate considerable funds in his account to pay the costs of his time here.


This should cost around £50+vat and you can find immigration solicitors via:-



Regrettably though, the UKBA take between 4-6 weeks to process these applications so I am sorry to say that it may be some time before you see him unless you go to Egypt .


If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. You will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,


Thomas and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions