Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

how do you satisfy uk border agency that the visiter from china

how do you satisfy uk border agency that the visiter from china inteends to return to china after six months
They are not satisfied with a savings account from myself as sponser nor a deposit I have placed in china in my friends bank
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

Obviously, the eligibility criteria for a visitor's visa is as follow, is that you need to show that:-
• You want to visit the UK for no more than six months;
• You intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit;
• You have enough money to support yourself during your stay in the UK without working or needing help from public funds

They have to try and show them that he has continuing obligations in Chinawhich will continue after the visit and therefore convince them that he is not a risk of overstay.

Examples would be a letter from his employer stating he has a job (if he does) and is expected to return to continue that job, return flight tickets, evidence of continuing accommodation (eg. tenancy agreement of evidence of ownership of a property), bank statements showing the money he has available in Chinese accounts and possibly statements from family showing that he has close family ties which will compel him to return.

If you will assist him during the intended stay you should ask them to go to a local solicitor to draft a sponsorship declaration (this carries more weight than a simple sponsor's letter) in which you state the terms of his visit, that you are to return at the end of it, that you shall accommodate you and shall pay the costs of any unforeseen expenses that should occur during his stay so that nether of you will need to access public funds.

This should cost around £50+vat and you can find immigration solicitors via:-

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.

I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,