How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7407
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my wife has gone back to russia and said she does not what

This answer was rated:

my wife has gone back to russia and said she does not what to live in uk. In 6 months she will have her full residence. if she does no come back would it affect her gaining a visa to enter europe as she is wanting us to live in spain again, she lost her residence in spain when we moved here. I nearly forgot i am english.



Did she originally come to the UK on a spouse visa (ie. settlement)?


When did she come?


When did she leave?


How much time has she spent outside the UK since she came here?


Kind regards,


Customer: replied 5 years ago.

dec 2009 she came here worked back in spain june 2010 to sept 2010 then went to russia to visit family due to depression as finding it difficult with the language. she left on 27th april 2011 she came on a marage visa as we lived together in spain for 5 years together and we wed here 2009

many thanks


Hi Andrew,

Would you be travelling to Spain with your wife to work?

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no she travelled alone as i work in uk and in the future we would g to liv in spain but she is thinking of staying in russia she will lose residence here and she has a problem with a judge there due not repaying a bank loan

Thanks for your reply.

If she has not obtained the Permanent Residence or been naturalised as a citizen of a country who is an EEA member state then should could not travel there to work without you.

If you were travelling there then she could apply for an EEA family permit to allow her to travel and thereafter a residence card giving her a right to work there for a period of five years. This is because she would have a right to do so because you were exercise your treaty rights to work within the EEA. A non-EEA national cannot avail themselves of these rights if they are not travelling with the EEA national because these rights derive from their Article 8 Right to Family and Private Life. If she does not have you as her spouse in Spain then she the right is not exercisable.

If she wishes to travel to Spain then I’m afraid she must do so either with you or by obtaining an appropriate visa under the Spanish immigration law. She could check which visa she would require via the Spanish Embassy website in Russia.

When the circumstance to travel with you to an EEA member state where you shall both work presents itself (ie. when you decide to go to spain to live/work) then she would not have a problem in obtain a family permit/residence card provided you are both still married.

Sorry it could not be better news.

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.

I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,

Thomas, Solicitor
Satisfied Customers: 7407
Experience: BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Thomas and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

JustAnswer in the News:

Ask-a-doc Web sites: If you've got a quick question, you can try to get an answer from sites that say they have various specialists on hand to give quick answers... seen a spike since October in legal questions from readers about layoffs, unemployment and severance.
Web sites like
...leave nothing to chance.
Traffic on JustAnswer rose 14 percent...and had nearly 400,000 page views in 30 days...inquiries related to stress, high blood pressure, drinking and heart pain jumped 33 percent.
Tory Johnson, GMA Workplace Contributor, discusses work-from-home jobs, such as JustAnswer in which verified Experts answer people’s questions.
I will tell you that...the things you have to go through to be an Expert are quite rigorous.

What Customers are Saying:

  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick Leeds, UK
< Previous | Next >
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick Leeds, UK
  • I did not know a French Law service existed and I was very impressed with the speed of reply --- very professional. Many thanks! Ms. Baker Alfafar, Spain
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie USA
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C. Freshfield, Liverpool, UK
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex Los Angeles, CA
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP Hesperia, CA
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin Kernersville, NC

Meet The Experts:

  • Thomas



    Satisfied Customers:

    BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
< Last | Next >
  • Thomas's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
  • UK_Lawyer's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
  • INC's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
  • Clare's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    25 years hight street experience
  • A Hayat's Avatar

    A Hayat

    Immigration Solicitor

    Satisfied Customers:

    13 years specialist skill in UK Immigration & Nationality Law
  • Paul Richmond's Avatar

    Paul Richmond


    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B (Hons) (First Class), LL.M (Distinction), Immigration Barrister (12 years)
  • Awan-Legal's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Specialist in immigration law with the highest level of accreditation in this area and with many years experience.