CharlotteSJ, Immigration Solicitor
Experience:  I have 6 years experience in Immigration law and I am accredited to LSC Level 2 and OISC Level 3.

Will my taxed escorting job be satisfactory to prove that i

Will my taxed escorting job be satisfactory to prove that i can look after my boyfriend while he is here till we get married?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  CharlotteSJ replied 5 years ago.
That all depends on your earnings. I assume that as you pay tax that you have sufficient paperwork to support your earnings and so it will all come down to the numbers.

The Home Office will assess whether you have sufficient funds by comparing what you earn to the equivalent family unit on income support. If you receive more than you would on income support then you will be deemed to have enough money. The current rate for a couple is just under £106 per week. Therefore if you deduct your mortgage or rent from your net earnings and the balance is more than £106 per week; you will be deemed to have enough money.

I hope this answers your question in which case please accept. If you require further information, please ask.