Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
18726264

My girl friend will be applying for a fiancee visa in BKK We

My girl friend will be applying for a fiancee visa in BKK

We intend moving to a different local , my present rental contract finishes whilst I will be in Thai . Do I need to renew the present contract ?or can I wait until we arrive in the UK ?

My girl friend has a Thai driving licence , can she drive in the UK ?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 5 years ago.
You need to show she has somewhere to live until the marriage and you will have accommodation available after the marriage both without recourse to public funds. Where are you prosing to live? Do you have sufficient funds to show you can provide this?

She can drive on a Thai licence for up to 12 months then she will need to obtain a Uk one. she can only drive small vehicles i.e. cars or motorcycles not larger vehicles
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I accept your answer but why are they wanting me to give you a tip ?

I have asked for a veryfication on the level of funds required and the suitability of using my accountant as a reference .

I also asked your opinion if it would be better just to extend my ewxisting contracy

As to the tip , No idea because the experts don't see the emails you receive but tips are always welcome!

If you have significant funds I doubt if it is a problem but it would be better to have an established property that you can go straight into. It is quite common fro accommodation to be "prospective " and you have to satisfy them that it is reasonably likely that the accommodation will be available. In terms of funds there is no fixed level Students for example are expected to show £600 to £800 a month depending on whether they are in london or not. The visa agency will take into account income and employment prospects etc

If you have an accountant who can verify you means etc I am sure it would be helpful.