Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

Hi, I am a Tier 1 General Migrant and I can apply for Indefinite

Customer Question

Hi, I am a Tier 1 General Migrant and I can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain in 2012, however, I have been granted PR by Australian Government and I am due to go to Australia to get my visa validated. If I go there and get Australian Stamps on my passport, will that have any bearing on me applying for UK Permanent Residency. I intend to live in UK. Will the UK government say that I cannot apply for UK PR as I already hold PR of some other country.

Any help will be highly apprecaited.

Thanks,
SG
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
Hi
Thanks for your question.
To enable me to answer your question could you please respond to the following:-
1. Can you just confirm that the “Permanent Residence” that you have been granted by the Australian is based upon your previous intention to remain permanently in Australia and that this is no longer your intention because you wish to settle permanently here.
Kind regards.
Tom
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Tom,

Thanks for the response. I will give you full background of my case. I came to UK on a student visa in Year 2005. After finishing my studies, I switched my visa category from Student to HSMP as I qualified for HSMP Visa. During this Period, there were lot of visa changes were made by the UK Government . I was not sure , what will come next, will the UK Government scrap the Skilled Program category completely, so to protect my interest, I applied for Australian Skilled Migrant Visa as I satisfied their Points Criteria.

I have already lived in UK, under the HSMP/ Tier1 Visa category for four years and next year after completion of 5 Years, I can apply for PR. However, I have got my Australian PR granted and they have asked me to come there and get my visa validated.

I want to live in UK , however, at the same time do not want to miss my chance of getting my Australian Visa validated. For me Australian PR is a fall back measure. In case, if UK government again decide something which makes it difficult for me to apply for PR in UK ( by increasing the Point Requirement or by bringing some other law) atleast I will have my Australian PR.

I have always wanted to live in UK, however, Australian PR is a fall back option which I would like to keep.

Thanks
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
I would like to know the objections which UK Home Office will have if I get the Australian Visa Validated ? Do I not have a right to choose where I wish to live ? Is it possible to get any Precedent quoted or any reference to any decision made in a similar situation problem. I found TOM answer very generic, need a better answer.
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!