INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)

hi , i am a doctor , have been working for the same hospital

hi , i am a doctor , have been working for the same hospital for the past 3 years ,on february 2011 my HSMP finished and i applied for the ILR , now thehospital suspended my salary and want to terminate my contract by the 22nd of this month becuase according to them i failed to show proof that i can work in the UK , for 4 times i sent the letter from the home office that my application is pending and that it is according to section 118 of the Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Act 2002 introduced an amended section 3C into the Immigration Act 1971. Section 3C , i can continue working untill i get my passport back , they insist to dismiss me .

who the law is with ? can they they just fire me becuse i applied for ILR .

Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

No your employer cannot dismiss you if you have an application pending with the UKBA and that application was submitted before the expiration of your previous visa.

I would suggest you instruct a local solicitor to write to the UKBA on your behalf stating that your dismissal would not be in accordance with the law and further that your immigration status remains what it previously was until such time as a decision has been made.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

Kind regards,