INC
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

if i buy a house in romania can i be granted a residence pammite

Customer Question

if i buy a house in romania can i be granted a residence pammite to stay in romania
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  A. Valcke replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for your question.

May I know your nationality?

What activity do you intend to undertake in Romania?

I look forward to your response.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
am illegal in ireland and i have a girl freind in romania and am going to live there with her. am a nigerian and i will like to buy a house in romania
Expert:  A. Valcke replied 5 years ago.
I am afraid that I can't assist you further and will opt out.
Expert:  INC replied 5 years ago.

I may be able to assist with this.

Purchasing a property would not automatically give you the right to Citizenship in Romania.

Romanian Nationality Law is based on the 1991 Romanian Citizenship law. It is based on the social policy of 'jus sanguinins' (or "right of blood"), by which nationality or citizenship is not determined by place of birth, but by having an ancestor who is a national or citizen of the state. It contrasts with 'jus soli' ("right of soil").

Romanian Citizenship Law 21, Art. 5. states: -

The children born from Romanian citizens on Romanian territory are Romanian citizens.

Furthermore, Romanian citizens are also those:
a) born on the Romanian territory, even if only one of the parents is a Romanian citizen;
b) born abroad and both parents, or only one of them has a Romanian citizenship.

The child found on Romanian territory is a Romanian citizen if none of the parents is known.

Romanian citizenship can also be acquired after 5 years of residence in the country and with a good knowledge of the Romanian Language and culture.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

Kind regards,