Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

my brother have the same last name as me can that affect if

my brother have the same last name as me can that affect if i want to apply for British citizen.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

To enable me to answer your question could you please respond to the following:-

• 1. Why do you think that would affect your naturalisation application

Kind regards.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
because he went to court and got a fine. and he got my last name and same date of berth. is name is XXXXX XXXXX silva carica, and my name is XXXXX XXXXX da silva carica
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for your reply.

No, that won't make a difference. The UKBA look at your full details, not just your surname. They will be able to tell that there are two difference people because they will have your passport and will search under that name.

If they make a mistake here (unlikely) then you will be able to ask for either an administrative review indicating that they have made a mistake or appeal the actualy determination to an immigration appeals tribunal where the evidence shall be considered and this issue put aside. I would not expect it to reach that far to be honest though because you should be fine.

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.

I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,

Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

You will see that I have answered above and should be grateful if you would kindly click accept.

If you do not click accept then your deposit simply stays with the website and I do not receive any credit for taking the time to answer your question.

Kind regards,