She will have to apply for an unmarried partners visa in order to settle her as your partner. You length of cohabitation and relationship is sufficient.
The eligibility criteria is as follows, You must show
- § you and your partner will both be at least 21 years old (or18 years old if either of you is a serving member of HM Forces) on the date when we would give you leave to remain (passports, birth certificates)
- § any previous marriage, civil partnership or similar relationship involving you or your partner has permanently broken down; (statements, decree of divorce)
- § you and your partner are not related by blood;
- § you have met your partner (evidence of your life together - eg. Same joint bills ,correspondence etc;)
- § you and your partner have been living together in a relationship akin to marriage or civil partnership which has been existing and genuine (not like a 'marriage of convenience') for at least two years; (statements, documentary evidence of your relationship (eg correspondence, birth certificates of childrne)
- § you and your husband, wife or civil partner intend to live together permanently (statements)
- § there will be adequate accommodation for both of you and any dependants without the need for public funds, and at least part of that accommodation (for example, a bedroom) is for your and your partner's sole use (evidence of tenancy agreements that you could rent or prices of properties you could afford to buy in the locality where you are to resided)
- § both of you will be able to maintain yourselves and any dependants adequately without needing public funds. (bank statements, statements from employers evidencing your income/assets, potential jobs you could both do
The application will have to be supported by evidence proving the above eligiblity criteria. I have suggested basic documents above, but the list is not exhaustive.
You will have to apply using form VAF4 (available for download from UKBA website and it would be best for a solicitor to prepare it for you to make sure that you give yourself the best chance of approval without the need to appeal.
She will have to pass an English language test showing that you have very basic spoken and listening English skills and can contact the embassy to find out where test centres are
You can find Uk immigration solicitors through the following Law Society Website search engine:-
If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.