Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

....If johnson...Naomis father, and her mother wanted to come

....If johnson...Naomis father, and her mother wanted to come here to the uk to find a job...knowing they havent money, or a job as yet, or anywhere to live....what would be the likely outcome, and what would they have tpo do to find work here and be allowed to live and work here, from Kenya....thank you

Thanks for your question.

To enable me to answer your question could you please respond to the following:-

• 1. A mother and daughter wish to come to the UK, they are Kenyan nationals - correct?
  • 2. Do they have any links with the UK
  • 3. Do they have degrees?

Kind regards.

Customer: replied 5 years ago. there are no lincs or degrees.....just me , and i have befriended them for a while now and help with their education...

Do you in a relationship with the mother (ie. girlfriend/boyrfriend)?

Do you intend to marry the mother?

Are you the father of the child?

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 5 years ago. not at all...i an her friend and the fathers friend whom happen to have befriended the family and help support their childs education i am a 55 year old gran and want to help them...they would love to come live here if at all there any way that they can emigrate over here legally please...
How old is the child please?
I note you say that "he" is an experienced painter/sculpter - who are you referring to here; the child's father?
Kind regards,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
There is Johnson who is the father Dorcas is the mother and they have 3 children,,,Naomi is the eldest and 2 young boys....they are seeking to come into the uk to find work and give their children a better future...He is an artist who paints and sculptures she is a full time mother....i know them through johnsons art work which is quite magnificent and have purchased quite a few...i'm sure he would do very well here selling to a british public....

Thanks for your reply.

If netiher the mother or the father have any British Ancestry and they wish to come here then the only way I can see that they would be able for one or both of the mother and father to apply for a Tier 2 Sponsored Skilled Workers Visa.

Unless either of their chose professions is on the following list they will have to secure a job with an employer who is a (or will apply to become) a licensed sponsor of skilled workers and the employer would then out a the Resident Labour Market Test :-

The RLM test is effectively to show that their are no resident/eea national in the locality that can perform your role, though this might be difficult if there are other accounts officers who could do the role.

If they are willing to sponsor then you will also have to meet the requisite number of points under the Tier 2 points based system:-

If they cannot get a job offer from a sponsor as well as meeting the relevant points criteria then I cannot see how else they could secure leave to remain in the UK I’m afraid.

Sorry it could not be better news.

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.

I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,