How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7408
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

....If johnson...Naomis father, and her mother wanted to come

This answer was rated:

....If johnson...Naomis father, and her mother wanted to come here to the uk to find a job...knowing they havent money, or a job as yet, or anywhere to live....what would be the likely outcome, and what would they have tpo do to find work here and be allowed to live and work here, from Kenya....thank you


Thanks for your question.

To enable me to answer your question could you please respond to the following:-

  • 1. A mother and daughter wish to come to the UK, they are Kenyan nationals - correct?
  • 2. Do they have any links with the UK
  • 3. Do they have degrees?

Kind regards.


Customer: replied 5 years ago. there are no lincs or degrees.....just me , and i have befriended them for a while now and help with their education...

Do you in a relationship with the mother (ie. girlfriend/boyrfriend)?

Do you intend to marry the mother?

Are you the father of the child?

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 5 years ago. not at all...i an her friend and the fathers friend whom happen to have befriended the family and help support their childs education i am a 55 year old gran and want to help them...they would love to come live here if at all there any way that they can emigrate over here legally please...
How old is the child please?
I note you say that "he" is an experienced painter/sculpter - who are you referring to here; the child's father?
Kind regards,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
There is Johnson who is the father Dorcas is the mother and they have 3 children,,,Naomi is the eldest and 2 young boys....they are seeking to come into the uk to find work and give their children a better future...He is an artist who paints and sculptures she is a full time mother....i know them through johnsons art work which is quite magnificent and have purchased quite a few...i'm sure he would do very well here selling to a british public....

Thanks for your reply.

If netiher the mother or the father have any British Ancestry and they wish to come here then the only way I can see that they would be able for one or both of the mother and father to apply for a Tier 2 Sponsored Skilled Workers Visa.

Unless either of their chose professions is on the following list they will have to secure a job with an employer who is a (or will apply to become) a licensed sponsor of skilled workers and the employer would then out a the Resident Labour Market Test :-

The RLM test is effectively to show that their are no resident/eea national in the locality that can perform your role, though this might be difficult if there are other accounts officers who could do the role.

If they are willing to sponsor then you will also have to meet the requisite number of points under the Tier 2 points based system:-

If they cannot get a job offer from a sponsor as well as meeting the relevant points criteria then I cannot see how else they could secure leave to remain in the UK I’m afraid.

Sorry it could not be better news.

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.

I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,

Thomas, Solicitor
Satisfied Customers: 7408
Experience: BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Thomas and 2 other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

JustAnswer in the News:

Ask-a-doc Web sites: If you've got a quick question, you can try to get an answer from sites that say they have various specialists on hand to give quick answers... seen a spike since October in legal questions from readers about layoffs, unemployment and severance.
Web sites like
...leave nothing to chance.
Traffic on JustAnswer rose 14 percent...and had nearly 400,000 page views in 30 days...inquiries related to stress, high blood pressure, drinking and heart pain jumped 33 percent.
Tory Johnson, GMA Workplace Contributor, discusses work-from-home jobs, such as JustAnswer in which verified Experts answer people’s questions.
I will tell you that...the things you have to go through to be an Expert are quite rigorous.

What Customers are Saying:

  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick Leeds, UK
< Previous | Next >
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick Leeds, UK
  • I did not know a French Law service existed and I was very impressed with the speed of reply --- very professional. Many thanks! Ms. Baker Alfafar, Spain
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie USA
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C. Freshfield, Liverpool, UK
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex Los Angeles, CA
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP Hesperia, CA
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin Kernersville, NC

Meet The Experts:

  • Thomas



    Satisfied Customers:

    BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
< Last | Next >
  • Thomas's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
  • UK_Lawyer's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
  • INC's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
  • Clare's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    25 years hight street experience
  • A Hayat's Avatar

    A Hayat

    Immigration Solicitor

    Satisfied Customers:

    13 years specialist skill in UK Immigration & Nationality Law
  • Paul Richmond's Avatar

    Paul Richmond


    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B (Hons) (First Class), LL.M (Distinction), Immigration Barrister (12 years)
  • Awan-Legal's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Specialist in immigration law with the highest level of accreditation in this area and with many years experience.