Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor

I am a 71 year old British Citizen married to an American wife.

I am a 71 year old British Citizen married to an American wife. Together we run a small scientific consulting business. I have been resident in the United States for 13 years and now wish to move back to the UK with my wife. We wish to continue our business if possible, which is of an international nature. We are financially independent and hope to buy a house without recourse to a mortgage.

Please can you inform me how we should proceed, what forms are required, what type of visa requirements are necessary, etc.
it should be straight forward but your wife needs to apply fro a spouse visa. You need to show you can support yourselves without recourse to public funds but it does not sounds as if that should be difficult , you will find the rules here:

You need ot apply in the US fro the visa and you will find more detail on the visa section of the UKBA website. see here

Normally the spouse is given 27 months leave and can apply fro indefinite leave after 2 years but because you have already been married for more than 4 years your wife is eligible fro immediate settlement when she comes here.