INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)

Hi I am a Pakistani Passport holder and arrived in UK in Aug

Customer Question

I am a Pakistani Passport holder and arrived in UK in Aug 2008 under HSMP/Tier 1 Visa. I am working for a Oil and Gas Servie company. My husband and my daughters also got the visa as my dependent. My Husband is now working here full time as a consultant. He went to US on Saturday and on Sunday he lost his Passport which had the 5 years multiple entry US Business visa and UK resident Visa of tier 1(dependant). Th epakistani consolate in US told him that they will issue him the new passport and will not assist in any visas. He check with UK consulate in US and they told him that he need to go back to Pakistan and reapply ....can you please advise as he is working and living here .We have our own house here and full UK driving license.
What can be done as to not to go to Pakistan and come straight to UK. He has the scan copy of his previous passport and UK resident VISA?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

Unfortunately, consulates in foreign countries generally do not issue replacement visas, the only deal with applications. As this is the case, it may seem that your husband will have to return to Pakistan and contact the UK Embassy in Islamabad and request that they issue a replacement visa. If he has a copy of his previous passport, this would be helpful.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

No actually we were waiting for your reply yesterday as you claimed that the reply is in 5 minutes. We had consulted the UK embassy in Newyork in US and they have told him to come physically there with his documents and proof of living in UK like driving license and Bills etc(scan copy would do) and they will do the biometrics and he will apply from there hopefully.

SO your answer is not exactly with what we are told

Expert:  INC replied 5 years ago.

Fine, no problem..

I'm glad to hear that you have managed to solve the problem.

Kind regards,