INC
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

My parents are from a non EU commowealth country and are applying

My parents are from a non EU commowealth country and are applying for the Entrepreneur Tier 1 visa. They plan to buy an education franchise once visa is granted and employ me (I am a British citizen) to teach in the business as I have the necessary teaching qualifications . Will they be penalised when they apply for an extension after the 3 year visa is up as they will have to proof employment of 2 full time British citizens and one of the employees happens to be their daughter?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

Will you be the only employee or will at least one other be also employed?

Many thanks,

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

There will be one other person employed at some point (perhaps for 6 months) in the duration of the 3 years depending on the profits the business is bringing in.

From my understanding when reading the notes, employing one employee fulltime(30 hour week) for 24 months is equivalent to employing 2 employees.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
By the way my question was the fact that I am next of kin and whether this will penalise when we decide to apply for an extension. You have not answered my first question.
Expert:  INC replied 5 years ago.

No they will not be penalised for employing their daughter. Provided you have the relevant qualifications, it does not matter.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

Kind regards,