Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

was in united kingdom for 6 months had to renew visa and am

was in united kingdom for 6 months had to renew visa and am flying home to va. soon was informed that willprobably have to pay some extra monies before get on plane since had a 6 month visa and then renewed was wondering if you could tell me how much money will be required at the airport and who do I contact at the airport about this.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Hi

Thanks for your question.

To enable me to answer your question could you please respond to the following:-

• 1. Who do they say you will have to pay money to at the airport
  • 2. Why is it suggested that you will have to pay this money

Kind regards.

Tom

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
girl at travel agency when handed her passport noticed had been there for a year on a 6 month visa which has since been renewed and told me you will have to pay some fees before you can get out of here. The travel agency girl said this is not about visa noticed you renewed here believe the guys at the airport will notice that you have spent some extra time here and will asked to pay some fees at airport before will be able to board plane. The fees that she mentioned were over $500 and I am a little confused if you pd and renewed your visa and now they are going to question the extra time you have spent even though you renewed for extra 6 months again will you have to pay for something before you can pass through to get on plane. need to know asap suppose to board plane monday just found this out and contacted you as soon as I found this out
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your reply.

I practice immigration law and I have never heard of this, either from other solicitor/barristers or from client themselves. Generally, the UKBA wishes to make it as easy as possible for persons in the UK temporarily to leave the country because they consider there to be a huge problem with overstaying and/or legal migrants here.

I also don't know why she would refer to the alleged charge in dollars.

I really don't think that you need to worry about this.

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.

I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,

Tom

Thomas, Solicitor
Experience: BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor