Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

what evidence you can provide to home office that a person

Customer Question

what evidence you can provide to home office that a person is financialy dependent on you?reason for asking is :refusal of visa extension as a dependent of EEU cytizen,was on grounds that we did not provide enough evidence that this person is financialy dependent on me and my husband
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

Hi

Thanks for your question.

To enable me to answer your question could you please respond to the following:-

• 1. What relationship is the person to the EEA national
  • 2. What evidence was submitted with the applicaiton

Kind regards.

Tom

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

SHE IS MY MUM AND I AM MARRIED TO EUU CYTEZEN SHE IS HERE TO LOOK AFTER MY SON

WE PROVIDED HOME OFFICE WITH BANK STATEMENTS AND PAYSLIPS OF MY HUSBAND AND ME AND REFERENCIES FOR ALL OF US INCLUDING THE SCHOOL WHERE MY SON GOESPLUS MORE BUT THIS IS IRELEVANT,THEY GAVE US THE RIGHT TO APEAL BUT I DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS GOING TO BE THE OUTCOME,JUST TO FINISH,THEY MENTIONED THAT WE COULD NOT DEMONSTRATE SHE IS DEPENDENT ON US ,FROM THEIR SIDE THEY DO NOT HAVE ANY EVIDENCE THAT SHE IS FINANCIALY INDEPENDENT ,MY UNDERSTANDING IS ;IF YOU HAVE REFUSE SOMETHING YOU HAVE TO PROVE OTHERWISE

Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

Is you mother actually financially dependent on you?

Does she rely on money or accomodation you provide in order to live comfortably?

Kind regards,

Tom

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
YES OF COURSE WE SENT OUR CONTRACT OF PURCHESING THE HOUSE 3 BED HOUSE AND ALSO THE MORTGAGE WE ARE PAYNG SO SHE LIVES COMFORTABLY WITH US NO PROBLEM
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

Does she have any other income or assets?

Do you transfer her money to live, or have you done so in the past?

Kind regards,

Tom

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

SHE DOES NOT HAVE EVEN A BNK ACCOUNT IN THIS COUNTRY

AND AGAIN I THINK THIS IS IRELEVANT BECAUSE WE PROVIDE FOR HER EVERYTHING SHE NEEDS IN UK

Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for your reply.

The issue that you have is that parents are only permitted as dependent if you can show that they are financially dependent on you. A person is financially dependent if they rely on them in order to live, essentially meaning that without the assistance that you provide to them they would be living in poverty.

If this is the case then you need to demonstrate to the immigration tribunal on appeal that your mother does not have any assets or income and would therefore not be able to support or accommodate herself in her home country. She will need to execute a sworn statement swearing that she does not have any assets or income which she could avail herself of in order to live. She needs to say that the assistance you provide her in the form of housing and food is the only way that she is able to live.

Both you and your spouses need to corroborate this in statements and confirm that you will continue to provide the assistance she needs.

You need to evidence all of this, bank statements, sworn statements, Land registry official copies showing your ownership of your property, a budget showing that you can afford to provide this assistance.

In short, if you are to appeal you need to instruct a UK immigration solicitor to prepare your trial bundle and supporting documentation. They will then instruct a barrister (counsel) to argue your case on the day. This is the way that you give her the best possible chance of success.

You can find Uk immigration solicitors through the following Law Society Website search engine:-

http://www.lawsociety.org.uk/choosingandusing/findasolicitor.law

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.

I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,

Tom

Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

Is there any further infromation you require?

If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit whatsoever for the time I have taken to answer your question.

Kind regards,

Tom