How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Andrew Your Own Question
Andrew, Barrister
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 28
Experience:  Over 10 years specialist expertise in all aspects of Immigration Law.
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Andrew is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I brought 5 children back to U.K. 4 born in U.S. I brought

Resolved Question:

I brought 5 children back to U.K. 4 born in U.S. I brought them back here as my husband at that time was beating me.And not supporting the children.Dec 1969 I came back to U.K.I called the British Home Office in Boston and asked if there was anyrestriction for bringing them here to live,I was told there was not.They were admitted unconditionally.I am British born in Keighley Yorkshire.What I would like to know is can the children born in the U.S apply for a British Passport.Now after 42 years here?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Andrew replied 5 years ago.

Andrew :

Hello and thank you for your question.

Andrew :

The answer to your question is yes they can apply for British Citizenship. A link to further information about applying with the application forms and information on fees for making such an application can be found here:

Andrew :

The link to how to apply can be found here:

Andrew :

If you have found this information useful I would kindly ask that you click accept so that I can be remunerated for my time and expertise. If not the site will keep the full amount. Many thanks and best of luck.

Andrew and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions