Andrew
Andrew, Barrister
Experience:  Over 10 years specialist expertise in all aspects of Immigration Law.
38536794

I brought 5 children back to U.K. 4 born in U.S. I brought

I brought 5 children back to U.K. 4 born in U.S. I brought them back here as my husband at that time was beating me.And not supporting the children.Dec 1969 I came back to U.K.I called the British Home Office in Boston and asked if there was anyrestriction for bringing them here to live,I was told there was not.They were admitted unconditionally.I am British born in Keighley Yorkshire.What I would like to know is can the children born in the U.S apply for a British Passport.Now after 42 years here?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Andrew replied 5 years ago.

Andrew :

Hello and thank you for your question.

Andrew :

The answer to your question is yes they can apply for British Citizenship. A link to further information about applying with the application forms and information on fees for making such an application can be found here: http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/britishcitizenship/

Andrew :

The link to how to apply can be found here: http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/britishcitizenship/applying/

Andrew :

If you have found this information useful I would kindly ask that you click accept so that I can be remunerated for my time and expertise. If not the site will keep the full amount. Many thanks and best of luck.