Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

GRAHAM WHAT I NEED TO KNOW IS IF SHE APPLIES FOR A VISITORS

GRAHAM WHAT I NEED TO KNOW IS IF SHE APPLIES FOR A VISITORS VISA AGAIN WITH ALL THE PROPER DOCUMENTS WILL OR CAN THE REFUSE HER AGAIN
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

If they have rejected her visitor's visa application because you have not provided evidence of your financial resources then this is easy to rectify.

If they have rejected on the basis that they think she will overstay then this is much hard because you have to deal with their suspcions by convincing them that she will return home before the expiry of the visa

You would have to show that she has continuing obligations in Ghana which will continue after the visit and therefore convince them that she is not a risk of overstay or of making an application to secure a permanent stay whilst in the UK on visit. Things like a letter from her employer stating she has a job (if she does) and is expected to return to continue that job, return flight tickets, evidence of continuing accommodation (eg. tenancy agreement of evidence of ownership of a property, bank statements showing the money he has available.

You would also have to go to a local solicitor to execute a sponsorship declaration in which you state the terms of the visit, that you are to return at the end of it, that i you know that she should leave at the end of the visit because it would harm the chances of any future application made to secure leave to remain on the basis of that relationship, that you shall accommodate her and shall pay the costs of any unforeseen expenses that should occur during his stay so that nether of you will need to access public funds.

HOwever, in spite of providing all of the above they could still reject the application and you would not be able to appeal it.

If the long term plan is for her to obtain a spouses visa then I would focus on making that by instructing a UK based immgration solicitor to prepare the applicaiton for her and advise you on the chance of success and forget about the second visitor's visa applicaiton.
If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.

I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,

Tom

Thomas, Solicitor
Experience: BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor