Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
18726264

I HAVE BEEN TO GHANA AND MARRIED A GIRL WHO I MET ON THE INTERNET

Customer Question

I HAVE BEEN TO GHANA AND MARRIED A GIRL WHO I MET ON THE INTERNET WE SPENT SOMETIME TOGETHER IN GHANA I MET HER FAMILY AND EVERYTHING WENT ACCORDING TO WHAT WE HAD PLANNED UNTIL SHE APPLIED FOR A VISITORS VISA WHICH WAS REFUSED ON THE GROUNDS THAT THEY DIDNT THINK SHE WOULD RETURN TO GHANA PLUS THEY DIDNT HAVE PROOF OF MY EARNINGS SO THEN BEFORE SHE COULD APPLY FOR A SPOUSE VISA SHE HAD TO TAKE AN EXAM OF SOME SORT WHICH SHE FAILED SO NOW SHE WANTS TO APPLY FOR ANOTHER VISITORS VISA WITH THE PROMISE TO LEARN TO WRITE ENGLISH AND RETURN TO GHANA TOGETHER WITH ME TO TAKE THE EXAM AGAIN HOPING TO PASS IT SO SHE CAN THEN APPLY FOR THE SPOUSE VISA THEY HAVE EVERY PEICE OF INFORMATION THEY NEED FROM ME CAN YOU HELP ME AT ALL
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 5 years ago.
I think it highly unlikely I am afraid that they will give her a visitors visa if they have refused once on grounds that she will not return. I would recommend that you apply for the spouse visa and if necessary wait until she can pass the english test.