INC
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

Could you give me any Idea how much it would cost and the procedures

Could you give me any Idea how much it would cost and the procedures to Adopting 2 Teenage girls from the Philippines ??

..... I have just returned from a two week Holiday in the Philippines where I meet my Fiancee to whom I wish to Marry after her Annaulment has been Granted.
She has two (2) Teenage Daughters (18 and 19), I wish to Adopt them and make my New Wife`s Family my own and bring them ALL back to the UK sometime next year.
I will be getting married in the Philippines early next year.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 3 years ago.

Will you be adopting the children in the Philippines or having them travel to the UK and then adopt them in the UK?

Many thanks,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for getting back so quickly,

I am hoping to start the arrangements for the Adoption just after I marry my Fiancee in the Philippines (in about one year).

I am not sure at the moment where to start the adoption - here or in the Philippines. This is the main reason for my enquiry, To establish the approximate costs here and the proper procedure for this action - I have NO idea where to start.

Expert:  INC replied 3 years ago.

Firstly, from an Immigration Law perspective, both of the daughters are 18 or over so cannot apply as child dependants. They are also unable to apply as adult dependants unless there is exceptional circumstances.

From an adoption perspective, I cannot comment of Philippine law, however, in the UK, you will not be able to adopt the daughters because they will be deemed as adults and thus able to make their own decisions and not being subject to adoption.

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

Kind regards,

INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience: LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your reply,

I know the girls are classed as Adults, and they both wish me to Adopt them, after I marry their Mother. Would I be allowed (in this country) to adopt them under British Law?

As for my attempting this in the Philippines, I have a contact there also who I will be asking the same question as your Good self

Expert:  INC replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.