Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
18726264

my friend wants to come to Bermuda for a visit, he is from

Customer Question

my friend wants to come to Bermuda for a visit, he is from Egpyt. his saying that the British Embassy isnt taking visa app at the moment is this true. when he goes to the Embassy what kind of visa does he need to travel through the uk to Bermuda, Thank you
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 5 years ago.
Why was he refused last time? What did he apply for?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Good Day, As he stated to me they didnt explain why didnt get accept for a traveler visa. what can he do next time he goes to the embassy. PLEASE HELP. thank you miss Lambe
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
he said that they didnt tell him why. he applyed for a vistors visa.
Strictly speaking if your friend is only passing through the UK in transit to Bermuda and simlpy changes panes in london then he doe not need a visa as Egyptian nationals do not need an air side transit visa but if he needed to leave the transit area of the air port he would need a transit visa:

See here http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/infs/inf20transit

He will however have to make sure he has whatever permission he needs to enter Bermuda as an UK airline will not allow him on the plane in London if he does not have this
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
When l went to the immigration here in Bermuda, l asked them what documents he needs to enter Bermuda, they never help anyone from Egypt to enter Bermuda. they don't have a Egypt consulate here in Bermuda. should l call the British Embassy in London or Cairo.
I am sorry but it has nothing to do with the UK Bermuda has it's own immigration system. Only the bermudan authorities can tell you what the rules are.