INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)

My husband works in Saudi Arabia. We have to get a Statutory

My husband works in Saudi Arabia. We have to get a Statutory Declaration witnessed for immigration to Canada. This has to be done before the end of June and he is not in the UK until July. Is it possible for a Solicitor in Saudi Arabia to witness and sign this document, would this be legally recognised for immigration purposes to Canada. The Statutory Declaration would have an Arabic signature and stamp on it. If not is there any alternative route we can take.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

I would suggest you use a Notary Public in Saudi Arabia, or alternatively, take the document to the Canadian Embassy and ask if they could certify it for you for submission to Canada.

Your only alternative is to have a Solicitor in the UK attest the signature and then send the document to the Foreign & Commonwealth Office for legalisation before sending it to Canada.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

Kind regards,