Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

my husband first came to the uk in jan 2008 on a 2 year spouse

Customer Question

my husband first came to the uk in jan 2008 on a 2 year spouse visa. applied for ILR in jan 2010, got reply 5 months later rejecting application, after a lot of letters back and forth he was issued with a LLR in sep lasting 3 years. when can he apply for ILR?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 5 years ago.

What was the reason for refusing the application for ILR?

Many thanks,

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
there was an issue when they tried to take the fee from his bank card, which they tried to do in jan, however did not return the form until june, by then the fee had changed as well as the requirements and his visa was now out of date so had to complete a new application form. unfortunately the school where he had done his english was not accredited at the time, though did not matter prior april 2010, but did after this date. they issued a LLR as I was pregnant with our second child and sent a letter stating that the situation was causing stress