Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

I a British passport holder along with my wife a British citizen

I a British passport holder along with my wife a British citizen intend to bring over ones parents to reside in the UK. Is that possible if the parents are of old age and hold U.S citizenship?
Thanks for your question.
To enable me to answer your question could you please respond to the following:-
1. How old are they please
Kind regards.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Father is mid 60's and mother mid 50's due to their old age, am considering if possible having them come to the UK to live with my wife & myself. Own a 3 bedroom house on mortgage in Preston (Lancashire) and we both work at RBS bank.

Thanks for your reply.

Persons under 65 are only permitted to settle permanently with their UK citizen chidren here if they are the widowed parent and exceptional compassionate circumstances apply (ie. they cannot function day-to-day where they are) unfortunately.

Parents over 65 can come to settle here provided they mainly financially dependent upon their children, have no other close relatives where they are living that can help them and can be supported/accommodated by their children without the need to access public funds.

I’m afraid that on the basic facts as you have communicated them I would not be optimistic of their chances of a successful application.

You will see the above confirmed by the UKBA here:-

I am very sorry it could not be better news.

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.

I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,