How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 10058
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

hi im eu citizen who live in uk and in march 2010 me and my

Customer Question

im eu citizen who live in uk and in march 2010 me and my partner who is from gambia apply for COA applicationa and in march 2011 we got answer that the application is refuse becouse is not enough evidence that we are couple with we not agree because we are living together over 1 year and 9 months and we have a 7 months old baby.After the refuse in march 2011 we went to gambia and got married when you put aplication for his visa after 3 weeks we got replay that is refuse because my passport was not endorse ,so i did that and on 4 may 2011 we appeal but on the webside is say that can take about 6 months or more for answer. i just want to know if is any possiblity to get the answer immediate because in 3 weeks time i have to back to work and i dont have no one to stay with as baby so i need my husband they have a right to separate the family? what should i do to help him back home ? pls for some help
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 5 years ago.
Was the child you had together born in an EU country eg the UK and is it an EU or English citizen?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

was born in uk ,but have eu citizen

Expert:  Buachaill replied 5 years ago.

1. If your child is a citizen of an EU country, then your husband has an automatic right to live and work in the UK as a result of the decision of the European Court of Justice in the Zambrano case. This was only decided eight weeks ago, so it is quite new law. Basically it held that the parent of any EU citizen has the right to live and work in any member state ofthe EU to support his child. Accordingly, your husband now has the right to live indefinitely and work in the UK as a result of his child being an EU citizen. In making a new application to the UK Border Agency, you should base his application on this basis and include a copy of the Birth Certificate of your child or a copy of his EU passport. Alternatively, if you can find that another Member State of the EU would process your husband's application quicker than the six month period the UK border Agency will take, you can apply there on a similar basis as the Zambrano decision is applicable in any EU state. It may be that your country of origin or the country of your child's citizenship will process matters quicker. Once your husband has the right to live and work in any EU state, then he can live and work in the UK.


Please ACCEPT the Answer. I will remain available to answer any further queries you may have.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thx for the replay but all this informationa are no helping me because we all ready put all documents to the UK ambassy in Accra in Ghana for the appeal so I can not apply a new application! I was just want to know if I can apply to the UK Border Agency for a consideration of my case as quick as is possible so he can get his visa quicker then waiting time due to the fact that I have to go back to work and there is nobody to look after our child.Referring to the new law my husban should get a visa and be with his family to help and support.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 5 years ago.

2. I cannot help you with delays within the processing of visa applications. I can only point out that there is a legal solution whereby you can apply to another country's visa process and this way you can avoid a 6 month delay with the UK Border Agency.


Please ACCEPT the Answer as I have answered your question.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

That will be a good solution but like i say we dont have as document to put a new applicationa so that is not helping me in my cease.I will try to get some help from my mp.

JustAnswer in the News:

Ask-a-doc Web sites: If you've got a quick question, you can try to get an answer from sites that say they have various specialists on hand to give quick answers... seen a spike since October in legal questions from readers about layoffs, unemployment and severance.
Web sites like
...leave nothing to chance.
Traffic on JustAnswer rose 14 percent...and had nearly 400,000 page views in 30 days...inquiries related to stress, high blood pressure, drinking and heart pain jumped 33 percent.
Tory Johnson, GMA Workplace Contributor, discusses work-from-home jobs, such as JustAnswer in which verified Experts answer people’s questions.
I will tell you that...the things you have to go through to be an Expert are quite rigorous.

What Customers are Saying:

  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick Leeds, UK
< Previous | Next >
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick Leeds, UK
  • I did not know a French Law service existed and I was very impressed with the speed of reply --- very professional. Many thanks! Ms. Baker Alfafar, Spain
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie USA
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C. Freshfield, Liverpool, UK
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex Los Angeles, CA
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP Hesperia, CA
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin Kernersville, NC

Meet The Experts:

  • Thomas



    Satisfied Customers:

    BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
< Last | Next >
  • Thomas's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
  • UK_Lawyer's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
  • INC's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
  • Clare's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    25 years hight street experience
  • A Hayat's Avatar

    A Hayat

    Immigration Solicitor

    Satisfied Customers:

    13 years specialist skill in UK Immigration & Nationality Law
  • Paul Richmond's Avatar

    Paul Richmond


    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B (Hons) (First Class), LL.M (Distinction), Immigration Barrister (12 years)
  • Awan-Legal's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Specialist in immigration law with the highest level of accreditation in this area and with many years experience.