INC
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

HI,MY BROTHER IS AN ITALIAN CITIZEN.AT THE MOMENT HE IS DETAINED

HI,MY BROTHER IS AN ITALIAN CITIZEN.AT THE MOMENT HE IS DETAINED IN A PRISON IN ESSEX.HE WAS ARRESTED BECAUSE HE HAD A FALSE PASSPORT AT HEATHROW AIRPORT.HE WAS TOLD BY PEOPLE THAT HELP IMMIGRANTS IN JAIL THAT HE COULD GO BACK TO ITALY SOON IF HE CAN PROVIDE AN ITALIAN ID.HIS REAL ITALIAN DRIVERS LICENSE(WICH IS CONSIDERED A VALID ID IN ITALY) IS AT HEATHROW POLICE STATION.I WAS TOLD THAT ONLY HE CAN COLLECT THIS D.L AND NOBODY ELSE(BUT HE CAN'T BECAUSE HE'S DETAINED)WITH THIS D.L HE COULD HAVE A TEMPORARY ID MADE BY THE ITALIAN CONSULATE...WHAT DO YOU SUGGEST HE SHOULD DO ? THANK YOU REGARDS
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 5 years ago.

Has he informed the UKBA that is ID is with Heathrow Police Station?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I'm sorry but i don't now what UKBA is.(We have never lived in the UK).He was oversees and was going back to Italy via Heathrow....Kind Regards

Expert:  INC replied 5 years ago.

The UKBA is the United Kingdom Border Agency. It is the department responsible for Customs and Immigration functions.

I would suggest he inform the detention centre or the UK Border Agency that his ID is at Heathrow Police Station and that it be obtained from there. Alternatively, I suggest he instruct a lawyer to obtain the ID for him.

The lawyer will require a Letter of Authority to forward to the Police Station at Heathrow.

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you very much for your answer...Would you accept to be his lawyer or could you find some other lawyer that could have this letter of authority done and collect his D.L from Heathrow police station?
Expert:  INC replied 5 years ago.

Unfortunately, experts are not permitted to act for customers outside of the site.

I would suggest you look on the law society website, under the section Find A Solicitor, for a Solicitor near Heathrow. The Law Society website address is: www.lawsociety.org.uk

Alternatively, I can recommend Mr. Hassan Butt. You can contact him on 01189 585 855.

Kind regards,

Expert:  INC replied 5 years ago.

If I have answered your original question, kindly click the green 'ACCEPT' button. If you do not, I do not get credit for my time.

Many thanks,