INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)

I have a 2 month expired Canadian passport and did not realize

Customer Question

I have a 2 month expired Canadian passport and did not realize it till now. I leave in 12 hours to england and just realized it moments ago, can i use my passport to leave on vacation
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

Unfortunately, the answer to your question is no you will not be allowed to travel if your passport has expired.

In order for you to travel, you will need to have a valid passport.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Your answer is disgusting. I knew you need a passport. I was asking what to do in the emergency. To charge someone for this answer should be illegal
Expert:  INC replied 5 years ago.

There is nothing you can do in an emergency other than obtain an emergency travel document or temporary passport. Both need to be applied for at the appropriate government body in Canada.

Other than this, there is nothing else you can do.

I appreciate you may not be happy with the answer, however, I cannot change the law for you!! The rules are the rules!!