Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

Hi Im a student and have been studying in uk for 8 yrs but

Customer Question

Hi
Im a student and have been studying in uk for 8 yrs but i was lied and lost my passport to an agency.
What should i do ?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

What do you mean you lied?

Tom

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I wanted to change school and asked an agent to help to apply for new school and also apply for extension student visa.

So they told me to give them my passport and they will complete everything and sort it out for me , but because they are in london and i live in other city so just contact them by fone everytime.

Until i couldnt find them so i realized that they lied my money and stole my passport.

Im so scare and dont know what to do and can not ask anybody for help.

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Hi

Thanks for your question.

To enable me to answer your question could you please respond to the following:-

• 1. What documents do you have on you to prove your identity?

Kind regards.

Tom

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi !

As i asked them for help so i had to give them all the documents i had such as school result , ielts certificate and my passport.

I only got driving license provisional and nat west visa debit card.

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Right.

Are you certain that they are just not very good at responding to you?

What is their name?

Do they have a website?

Tom

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

She is a chinese individual working agent and her name is XXXXX XXXXX she gave me business card but after a while i started doubting about it so i went to that the address on the card but it was fake address.

I only found out she lied my money and stole my passport when i couldnt called her anymore.

She said she has connection with this college : http://www.lincolnsgroup.co.uk/ContactDetails.aspx?Cid=1 in london.

And she took me there and said they can help me to move to this college and get visa extension for me. But after i went to this college and asked and they said she never give them any document or money so they dont know who i am .

And after that, i called and she said that college cant help so she tried to move me to another college name : http://www.unitycollege.co.uk/ .

And after this , i couldnt contact her anymore.

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Right.

If you had a student visa before then you simply have to get another passport and then get the UKBA to update your visa status in to the new passport. Applying for a new college is going to be difficult until you have the passport issue resolved.

You need to go your nationality's embassy and explain the situaiton. In order to get a new passport you will have to prove your identity to them. I would certainly get in contact with any relative you have from your home number and ask them to obtain a duplicate birth certificate from the local registry where you were born.

Speak to your college and ask them to provide you with some statements that confrim your attendance at university.

Report it to the police, it is a crime and it will support you if you have to explain the UKBA about your circumstances.

Once the embassy are satisfied you have complied with the requirements for the passport authority in your country they will issue you with a new passport. You can then get in contact with the UKBA to update your visa, but they will charge a fee.

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.

I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,

Tom

Thomas, Solicitor
Experience: BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes but i quit college long time ago already because i wanted to move so i quit the old college and was waitting and hoping to move into new college but after all this happened.

I was scare and didnt know what to do and just wait for that agent until i couldnt find her , its too late, i dont have passport and no documents and do know who to ask for help.

Are there any chance for me to stay in the uk and become permanent resident ?

Im afraid if i go to my country embassy and they wouldnt give me passport and they will send me back, that why i didnt go.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Are u working on my question ?

Do i have any chance of staying here as permanent resident ?

Thanx!

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

When did you stop going to college?

Are you in the relationship with a UK citizen or person who has ILR?

Tom

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I stopped going to college since summer 2009. And im not in relationship with either uk citizen or ILR person.

What should i do now ?

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Sorry, can you also confrim that you are not in a relationship with a person who is a national of an EEA member state?

Tom

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes , i can confirm that im not in a relationship with person who is EEA member state.
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

I'm afraid that once you have your passport back you will not be able to stay here on your student visa. It is a term of your visa that you attend college or quickly arrrange a transfer to a different college.

In all probabilities, your college has most likely informed the UKBA of your non-attendance and they have curtailed your visa, so at the present time I'm afraid that you are probably here illegally.

ON the facts, I cannot see that you are eligible to make another in-country applicaiton to another category in order to secure your further stay here.

Kind regards,

Tom

Thomas, Solicitor
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

1. if i go to my country embassy , do u think they will give me a new passport because the case has been 2yrs.

2. what do u think i should do now ?

3. if im in a relationship with uk citizen or ilr person, do i have any chance of staying here legally ?

thanx alot.

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.