Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

hi my naem is jose manuel marques azevedo i have lost my passporte

Customer Question

hi my naem is jose manuel marques azevedo
i have lost my passporte and addy card the only thing i gote is may certifica ove berthe and draiving laicon
i need to travel to portugal waut can i do to get my passport
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Hi jose

Thanks for your question.

To enable me to answer your question could you please respond to the following:-

• 1. What nationality are you?

Kind regards.

Tom

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I m portugal
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

What did they say when you contacted the Portugese Embassy in London?

Tom

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Da I need sam witnas and to maek ather appointment
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Hi Jose,

Thanks for your question.

I'm not sure what you mean in your most recent post, I believe you refer to their requiring a witness and a further appointment.

Obviously you should make the appointment, but basically they are going to require that you prove you are who you say you are. This is probably going to mean that you will have to order a copy of your birth certificate from Portugal, executed a declaration of what has happened, who you are and that you require a passport or travel document in order to travel to Potrugal. It may be that they also require one of your close relatives to execute a witness statement in support.

They will be able to check the administrative records held about you in Portugal.

If they are not willing to issue a passport then you will probably receive a travel document limited to a set period of time within which you can travel to Portugal for your purpose and to also sort out a replacement passport there.

It's a bit of a hassle but provided you are who you say you are you will receive a travel document in order to travel to Portugal, but the key is the Portugese embassy so you've got to stay in touch with them and comply with their requirements.

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.

I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,

Tom

Thomas, Solicitor
Experience: BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Can you help me getting a appointment ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Can you give me the correct email address for the Portuguese embassy as I keep going round in circles on their website. I click contact us, and it takes me back to the home page.
I appreciate your assistance in this matter.
Regards,
Jose.
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I just need to get a appointment as so as posssibol
Is ther Anithing da you can help ?
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!