Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

Did you say, submit bank statements going back over 12 MONTHS

Did you say, "submit bank statements going back over 12 MONTHS? I thought the minimum of 3 months was required. however, i also have all my P60s. Would all my P60s and 3 months bank stament be enough?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for your reply.

The minimum required is for 3 months, yes but it is important to note that this is only the minimum. 12 months is ideal because where finances are concerned it is generally best to submit as much as you can.

That being said, most of my clients usually end up submitting 6 months and provided the monies they are able to evidence are sufficient for proving that you will be able to support yourselves without recourse to public funds then this is always fine.

I was being prudent, as you are submitting the application without assistance of a solicitor I thought it best to say 12 months to emphasise the importance of documentary evidence but if you are able to submit 6 months with your p60s then this will be sufficient for eligibility purposes,

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,