Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

I am British, got married to a nigerian woman and now applying

I am British, got married to a nigerian woman and now applying for her to come and settle with me in the uk. QUESTION: some of our families in africa have contributed (in bits and individually into her bank account) up to an equivalent of £1,500 as their wedding gift to us. would submitting her bank statement alongside her application be relevant to the application? meanwhile i am working and have had a steady balance of £3000 in my account over the last 3 months. thanks.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

To enable me to answer your question could you please respond to the following:-

• 1. Are you asking whether you should submit your wife's bank statements or the bank statements of the person who have gifted you money?

Kind regards.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

1. several persons gifted the money into her account.

2. yes, i am asking if submitting MY WIFE'S statement will relevant to boosting the application.

Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, they are highly relevant to your wife's application, particular in relation to meeting the criteria that you will be able to support each other without access to public funds. You should submit bank statements going back over 12 months for all accounts available for both of you so that you can show all the money you have available to you both.

You should also submit evidence of job offers for jobs in the locality where you are to reside to show that your wife will be able to provide an income to further boost your chances of meeting this eligibility criteria.

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,