Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

i am married to a georgian woman and i want to bring her to

Customer Question

i am married to a georgian woman and i want to bring her to the uk to be with me
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Hi

Thanks for your question.

To enable me to answer your question could you please respond to the following:-

• 1. Do you wish for her to come here permanently?
  • 2. What nationality are you and what is your immigration status in this country (if applicable)

Kind regards.

Tom

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
in reply to your first question, at the moment we have agreed that she will come and go from the uk to georgia as she has her family there, i aslo want to go and visit there from time to time, maybe after 1 year we will review this and she will stay in the uk permanently. I am british (scottish by birth )and work in scotland .
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your reply.

In view of the fact that there are a number of defects with your application I would consider submitting a comprehensive new application for a visitor's visa directly to the British Embassy.

It is generally easier to convince UKBA officials in a cogent and well prepared application from the start than to attempt to produce new evidence to remedy defects in an application that falls far short.

The eligibility criteria for a visitor's visa is as follows(as I am sure you are aware), is that you need to show that:-

• Youwant to visit the UK for no more than six months;
  • You intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit;
  • You have enough money to support yourself during your stay in the UK without working or needing help from public funds

You have to try and show them that she has continuing obligations in Georgia which will continue after her visit and therefore convince them that she is not a risk of overstay. Things like a letter from her employer stating she has a job (if she does) and is expected to return to continue that job, evidence of continuing accommodation (eg. tenancy agreement of evidence of ownership of a property, bank statements showing the money he has available to you). Possibly also statements from her family stating that they anticipate her return.

You go to a local solicitor to draft a sponsorship declaration in which you state the terms of his visit, that she is to return at the end of it (or at the end of each individual visit is applying for a multi-entry visitor's visa), that you know that she must leave at the end of the visit because it would harm the chances of any future application made to secure leave to remain on the basis of that relationship if she does not, that you shall accommodate her (submitting evidence of accommodation) and shall pay the costs of any unforeseen expenses that should occur during his stay so that nether of you will need to access public funds. You should both submit banks statements going back at least 6 months showing the monies you have available to you.

This should cost around £50+vat and you can find immigration solicitors via:-

http://www.lawsociety.org.uk/choosingandusing/findasolicitor.law

.

In summary in the application by your respective statements you have reassure them that she shall not seek permanent settlement whilst she is here and that you have sufficient money so that neither of you will need to access public funds during her stay(s) here.

If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. You will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,

Tom

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i am very nervous as she is also that appling in this manner will not work again and costing more money. we provided them with all they asked for still this was not enough as they said i didnot have sufficient funds to support her(does any body in the uk)i know i live from month to month. i also gave them letters to say where she would be staying and a letter from me that i would support her here. do you think getting legal advise/ help would be the correct way to or asking someone to apply on our behalf

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your reply.

You can ask a solicitor to prepare an application on her behalf for her to submit but, really, it will contain all that information I included above. You need to submit full evidence of all the funds you have available to you both - yours and hers evidenced by bank statements going back at least 6 months showing that you have income and/or assets.

Generally they just require full documentary evidence to back up the fact that you will not need to access public funds. A letter from you is fine but a sponsorship declaration referring to and attaching bank statements, evidence of accomodation, evidence of employement etc (see above) from you carries much more weight than a simple letter.

Similaly she should submit the above evidence, including bank statements.

If there is another person who is either prepared to execute a sponsorship declaration as well as you or, alternatively, put in you funds for an amount of money that you can then show to the UKBA as evidence that you can support eachother during her stay then this will help.

The key is demostrating the money to them by documentary evidence.

I trust this clarifies, if so please kindly click accept.

Kind regards,

Tom

Thomas, Solicitor
Experience: BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok, thank you, XXXXX XXXXX seems that to apply as a vistor or as a spouse wishing to come and stay here with me permenatly would be just as complicated.
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Please click accept and I will give you my view on the difference between a visitor and a settlement application.

Kind regards,

Tom

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.