Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

I have been studying in Uk since sep 2007 as on student visa

I have been studying in Uk since sep 2007 as on student visa and currently applied for extension of student visa. And I am from Non-EU country. My fiancee who is American citizen willing to come to UK to marry me. But the thing is my visa is under process.. And I don't have certificate of approval to marry in Uk now.. So would she be able to come to Uk to marry me? What documents she needs before her arrival in Uk? And what documents do I need in this situation? As I can't apply for certificate of approval because my student extension visa already in process,, kindly advise me in this regard. Thanks
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.
Hi

Are you to both settle permanently in the UK following marriage?

Tom
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No, we do not want to settle permanently in UK after marriage. After finishing my studies, we will return to my country. What we want is to marry in UK legally and register the marriage in UK.
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for your Question.

If she is to travel here to marry you then she will have to apply for a Marriage Visitor's Visa, rather than travel and be granted a standard visitor's visa in the normal way. I attach a link to the visitor's visa page on the UKBA's visa website:-

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/infs/inf2visitors#564063682

You will see there are details on how to apply on that page.

As you may be aware you do not need to apply for a Certificate of Approval any longer (or at least you will not be the time you are to marry), so provided she gets the above visa and you both have your passports you will be able to marry here.

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,

Tom

Thanks for your Question.

Kind regards,

Tom