Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

I came to the UK as an EEA dependent, though on an Indian passport,

Customer Question

I came to the UK as an EEA dependent, though on an Indian passport, as we were resident in Italy before coming to the UK. I will apply for a British passport next year, after completing 3 years in the country. The problem is, my husband's country wants him to go to Italy for two years.

Can I stay on in the country after he leaves? His company is British based, we have a house in our joint names, and I have a job. He will also be coming back frequently. He will not become an Italian resident, but we both pay taxes in Britain, and will continue to do so. Will I have to leave the country every time he leaves?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  A. Valcke replied 5 years ago.
Dear Madam,

I am travelling at present and do not have the time to look into your question.

However, I suggest you make an enquiry with Your Europe Advice: they can provide you with legal advice free of charge - you get a response in 3-5 working days:

I hope this helps!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I need help with my questions, not references to websites. I would be grateful if you would refer me to another expert. Thank you.