INC
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

Hi I have overstayed my student visa in Australia 9 years ago.

Customer Question

Hi I have overstayed my student visa in Australia 9 years ago. would I require to have visa if I am from a non visa require countries as stated in the uk immigration law if i plan to visit uk. I have never been to uk and have no intention to stay more than 6 months. Will they reject my entry?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 6 years ago.

What nationality are you?

Are you currently in Australia as an overstayer?

Many thanks,

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
nope, i am from Malaysia and i am back for good after my 1 mth overstayed of student visa in australia. I have a stable job and income in Malaysia now and planning to visit UK. Would i have any problem during the entrance or get rejected to enter to UK as Malaysia is not a visa required country for UK.
Expert:  INC replied 6 years ago.

Whether your overstay in Australia causes a problem is a matter for the UKBA. The best thing you can do is declare the overstay on the application form. If you fail to do so, you may be deemed to have been deceptive and this will cause you further problems.

The only thing you can do at this stage is to make an application for entry clearance and provide the details of your previous travel history.

I am of the opinion that provided there is a good reason for your overstay in Australia and you declare the overstay on your application form, it should not adversely affect your application.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

Kind regards,

Expert:  INC replied 6 years ago.

If I have answered your question, kindly click accept.

Kind regards,