Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

ok my wife has recived her british passport, we have never

Customer Question

ok my wife has recived her british passport, we have never been man and wife we have no children, and before her applying for Indefinate stay i wrote to immigartion syaing i was not happy with this shame marriage, we were both invited to a interview but my father had passed away a few months before that, so i said in the interview that im fine and i wont take that letter further she then was granted stay and invevitable was given her passport. what i want to know is now im applying for a divorce will immirgartion be notifed as its only been 10 months since she was granted indefinate stay? plus will she be entitled to any assets that are on my name even though they were given to me by my family which i can prove
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

The UKBA will not automatically be informed of the divorce. If your wife has now obtained her UK passport then citizenship can only be revoked in certain circumstances. This is most commonly where it has been obtained by deception.

Given that you appear to have been in consultation on the genuineness of the marraige and it seems that the UKBA, having considered the issue, decided that the marraige was genuine and therefore issue her indefinite leave to remain.

Here stats in this country will most likely continue.

In divorce the matrimonial assets of each party are all included and there is a presumpstion that each party has a 50% share of the assets, but this can be rebutted by amongst other things, if the marriage is a short one.

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,

Tom

Thomas, Solicitor
Experience: BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
part of my assets were given to me before marriage and part after marriage all in my name we dont have joint accounts nor do we have have any joint assets, i pay all bills mortgages etc???? shes not contributed to any bills as she dosent work i provide her with money plus we have been married for 5 years and she arrived in the uk 4 years ago.....we have not consimated the marraige but understand we will have to prove that in court if we went to court....ive lived out of the home that she occupuys with my mother and can prove that ive not been living a married life for the 5 years i.e ive been seprated from her??? will she still be entilted to the 50% share???
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.