How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Clare Your Own Question

Clare, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 31649
Experience:  25 years hight street experience
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Morning Tom, Thanks for your previous reply, you seem to be

Resolved Question:

Morning Tom,
Thanks for your previous reply, you seem to be much in demand!. Anyway I have a further question for you, concerning my seperation from my wife.
My marriage was abusive and I was forced to leave the family home in a hurry, I have found somewhere to live but am reluctant to divulge the address because of complications with the person I am staying with. My wife cliams I have to by law, supply her of my address. I have provided a phone number, email, and postal address, we have a small child but he is not in my sole care at any time. She is refusing me contact until I supply her with this address. is this correct? P.S I am not in any kind of relationship with this person, I am a lodger.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.


I have referred this to the expert who answered your previous question.



Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Hi - Do you ever take the child to your home overnight? Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Claire,

Sent a reply maybe you didn't recieve it, anyway no my son is a little small so he spends no time with me at all at my address, could you respond asap please my wife is threating to send the baliffs to my work by 3 today

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Hi - You do not have to provide her with your address at all if there is a good reason not to. I assume that she is trying to issue court documents - so I suggest that you give her a postal address to which papers can be sent. So far as contact is concerned so long as there is a contact address (your parents work etc) then there is no reason why contact should not take place. You should try and discuss this with your ex using family mediation ( but if that fails then you will need to apply to the court for a defined contact order - you can get help advice and support from Families need Fathers ( Claire
Clare, Solicitor
Satisfied Customers: 31649
Experience: 25 years hight street experience
Clare and 2 other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

JustAnswer in the News:

Ask-a-doc Web sites: If you've got a quick question, you can try to get an answer from sites that say they have various specialists on hand to give quick answers... seen a spike since October in legal questions from readers about layoffs, unemployment and severance.
Web sites like
...leave nothing to chance.
Traffic on JustAnswer rose 14 percent...and had nearly 400,000 page views in 30 days...inquiries related to stress, high blood pressure, drinking and heart pain jumped 33 percent.
Tory Johnson, GMA Workplace Contributor, discusses work-from-home jobs, such as JustAnswer in which verified Experts answer people’s questions.
I will tell you that...the things you have to go through to be an Expert are quite rigorous.

What Customers are Saying:

  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick Leeds, UK
< Previous | Next >
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick Leeds, UK
  • I did not know a French Law service existed and I was very impressed with the speed of reply --- very professional. Many thanks! Ms. Baker Alfafar, Spain
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie USA
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C. Freshfield, Liverpool, UK
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex Los Angeles, CA
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP Hesperia, CA
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin Kernersville, NC

Meet The Experts:

  • Thomas



    Satisfied Customers:

    BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
< Last | Next >
  • Thomas's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
  • UK_Lawyer's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
  • INC's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
  • A Hayat's Avatar

    A Hayat

    Immigration Solicitor

    Satisfied Customers:

    13 years specialist skill in UK Immigration & Nationality Law
  • Paul Richmond's Avatar

    Paul Richmond


    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B (Hons) (First Class), LL.M (Distinction), Immigration Barrister (12 years)
  • Awan-Legal's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Specialist in immigration law with the highest level of accreditation in this area and with many years experience.
  • John Knox's Avatar

    John Knox


    Satisfied Customers:

    solicitor with 8 years experience