Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
18726264

Dose a Maltese person living in Dublin need a BTA in order

Customer Question

Dose a Maltese person living in Dublin need a BTA in order to enter the UK?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 6 years ago.
Can you explain what you think a BTA is?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I do not know thats why I asked the question well the person in question told me that in order to enter the UK from Dublin where she lives told me that she needs £1000 BTA before she can come to the UK to visit me, is she telling me the truth or is it made up?
So far as I am aware there is no such thing as a BTA. A Maltese citizen is an EU citizen and can pretty much come into the UK freely without restriction. EU citizens are not subject to UK immigration rules. I am guessing that you do not know this person well and he or she is asking you for money? Someone you met over the internet perhaps? The only reference I have ever seen to a BTA is in relation to a scam.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
this person also told me that her Visa had expired and to make sure she went back I guess to Irland thats why she told me that she needed the £1000 as a sort of bond ime guessing and she told me that is why she needed the BTA, I looked up BTA on net and if i remember rightly ti ment Basic Travel Allowence, I would value your oppeion on this question and thaks for answering it.
there is no such thing as a Basic Travel Allowance and Eu citizens do not need visas -It sounds like a scam
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thank you very much for yor help much obliged take care and have a good Easter break :)
thanks good luck