The difficulty with your using an incorrect identity is that the UKBA may take the view that this is a form of deception.
Yes, you will be able to marry after 9th May without a certificate of approval. You will have to prove your identity though. I would not marry under the assumed name you have used because., ultimately, it is not your name and it would further the deception.
Once you are married you will have to apply for a spouses visa. If you are here without leave to remain then the UKBA will require you to make the application from either your home country or the place where you still have leave to remain (Bulgaria). The only allow application made in country in these circumstances where to not do so would be a breach of your human rights or detrimentally affect your health or that of your partner. I cannot see that this applies in your case because you could apply in Bulgaria where I presume you still have leave to remain.
The criteria for a spouses visa is as follows:-
- 1. That you are legally married to eachother (marriage certificate)
- 2. You have met before (statements, correspondence)
- 3. You are not in breach of the immigration rules (your visa)
- 4. Your decision to marry was not due to you potentially being deported)
- 5. Your wifeis present and settled in the UK (eg. Passport, proof of accommodation)
- 6. You intend to live permanently together here in the UK as husband and wife (statements, evidence of her (statements, correspondence(
- 7. You can support each other withoutthe need for public funds (bank statements, evidence of income)
- 8. You have suitableaccomodation which is owned or lived in only by you or your household and where you and your dependents can live without any help from public funds (tenancy agreement, land registry docs if you your own home)
- 9. That neither of you are younger than 21 years of age. (birth certificates, passports)
The application will have to be supported by evidence proving the above eligiblity criteria. I have suggested basic documents above, but the list is not exhaustive. You will also have to pass an english language test before applying you can get details of test providers from the UKBA.
With the application you will have to disclose the different name and explain why you came to use it satisfactorily, if they find out about it after you not disclosing it then they will reject it on the basis that it speaks to a deficiency of chracter. For this reason you should see a solicitor, I would advise before you marry, in order to prepare your application and advise you of the merits of your application.
ind Uk immigration solicitors through the following Law Society Website search engine:-
The UKBA aims to reach a decision on all applications within 6-8 weeks of submission.
If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.