Andrew
Andrew, Barrister
Experience:  Over 10 years specialist expertise in all aspects of Immigration Law.
38536794

good afternoon i applied for a tourist visa to the uk and

Customer Question

good afternoon
i applied for a tourist visa to the uk and i was refused.one of the reasons i was refused by the clearance officer was that the amount i want to spend is over 4 times what i earn which is not correct. he he also said i have a child and a husband. i am married but i do not have any child yet, and i didnt state that in my form. i am so aggrieved at the moment. kindly advise me on what to do.thank you.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Andrew replied 5 years ago.

Andrew :

Not sure why ECO said what he did, but unless it is a family visit there is no right of appeal against the decision. The only option would be to either seek a review or make another application. You will need to show that there was no evidence that you had a child submitted to the ECO and will need to understand why the ECO considered you would spend 4 times the amount you earn.