Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

i want to bring a friend from thailand here for two weeks

Customer Question

i want to bring a friend from thailand here for two weeks she a good job there so there is no question of her staying do i need to sponsor her for just two weeks ??
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

The UKBA can be quite difficult with visitors visas I'm afriad.

The eligibility criteria for a visitor's visa is as follows(as I am sure you are aware0, is that you need to show that:-

• Youwant to visit the UK for no more than six months;
  • You intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit;
  • You have enough money to support yourself during your stay in the UK without working or needing help from public funds

She has to try and show them that she has continuing obligations in the Thailand which will continue after her visit and therefore convince them that she are not a risk of overstay. Things like a letter from her employer stating she has a job (if she does) and are expected to return to continue that job, evidence of continuing accommodation (eg. tenancy agreement of evidence of ownership of a property, bank statements showing the money he has available to her. They should be attached as supporting documentation.

You should assist the application you by going to a local solicitor to draft a sponsorship declaration in which you state the terms of his visit, that she is to return at the end of it, that if you are in a relationship with her then you both know she must leave at the end of the visit because it would harm the chances of any future application made to secure leave to remain, that you shall accommodate her and half pay the costs of any unforeseen expenses that should occur during his stay so that neither of you will need to access public funds. You will have to submit bank statements showing the money you have available for this purpose.

This should cost around £50+vat and you can find immigration solicitors via:-

http://www.lawsociety.org.uk/choosingandusing/findasolicitor.law

.

If the bank statements are the only reason for the refusal you might consider writing to them, attaching original bank statements and asking for a reconsideration but it may be quicker for her to submit a fresh application.

If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. You will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,

Tom

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

need some feedback

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Sorry, does the above not assist?

Tom

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i want to know what documentation i have to supply to embassy not too happy with giving my bank details

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i want to know what documentation i have to supply to embassy not too happy with giving my bank details i need to be in contact with an expert in this please

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i cannot see why i have no one here online to answer my question

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

I am an expert, a UK qualified solicitor.

You should execute a statutory declaration as above. With this you should submit bank statements, you can delete your accound number and sort code but you must allow the statements to show your name and that you hold the account. The should extend back at 3 months and ideally 12 months from the date of the application.

You should also submit evidence of accomodation that is available to you where she can stay without being charged for accomodation (eg. tenancy agreement or land registry register of title showing that you own a property).

She should submit the documents mentioned above with bank statements extending back over a similer period of time.

Trust this clarifies, if so please click accept.

Kind regards,

Tom

She should

Thomas, Solicitor
Experience: BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

how do i do a statutory declaration ??

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you i think i have it clear in my mind now thanks

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!