Clare
Clare, Solicitor
Experience:  25 years hight street experience
13262538

Hi. my husband has put in for a settlement visa to live with

Hi. my husband has put in for a settlement visa to live with me.im his wife im from the uk.We have lived in the us for 10 years .he is from the us i have a green card im from the uk.We sent the money for the visa on line.1500 dollars.he was refused .they said not enough paper work sent .so we sent what they asked for.We r now waiting for the apeal. they sent us more papers.But dont understand what they r saying We have been waiting since sept last year.we have sold our hse last june and r now in rented hse just waiting.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Clare replied 6 years ago.
Hi - What does the refusal letter actually say - and is it a spouse visa that has been applied for? Claire
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
YES IT IS A SPOUSE VISA. AND IT SAID NOT ENOUGH INFO.WHICH WE SENT BACK TO THEM IN NOV JOB.HSEING ETC. THEY SAID THAT WE COULD APPEAL AND WE DID .THE CASE WENT IN FRONT OF A JUDGE ON 23 MARCH 2011. HE SENT US A LETTER BACK SAYING THE NOTICE OF APPEAL STATES THAT ACCOMPANYING THE APPEAL FORM R CONTRACT OF EMPLOYMENT,CONTRACT OF RENTAL AGREEMENT.BACK STATEMENTS ETC.NO SUCH DOCUMENTS WERE.CONTAINED WITHIN THE PAPERS.THE APPELLANT AND RESPNENT MUST FILE WITH THE TRIBUNAL AND THE OTHER PARTY EVERY DOCUMENT WITHIN 56 DAYS THEY WERE ALL SENT TO THE ENTRY CLEARANCE OFFICER. THE SAME LETTER WAS SENT TO THEM.THEN A Decision WILL B MADE . SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS
Expert:  Clare replied 6 years ago.
Hi - Have you provided evidence of how you will be able to support yourselves in the Uk? Claire
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
<p>Yes my husband has been given a job offer and it has houseing with it.he has excepted the offer. we sent the documents to the Entry Clearance officer as they asked on 3rd nov 2010 But the letter i got yesterday i cant understand. as i think its saying that they were not with the apeal papers or is it asking for the Respondent to send them within 56 days which is the 19 may as we sent them to them in september with my husbands passport and all documents.thats when they sent them back to us. and said it has been refused. then we appealed they said send more documents then we send job offer and hseing.they said we has passed the marrige bit and that we had been togeather 10 years.just needed job and hseing . sorry but im not good at this.i wish i could email u the papers to read would be alot easyer</p>
Expert:  Clare replied 6 years ago.
Hi - Can you just retype the actual words? Claire
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
To the Appellant. The Tribunal has received your notice of appeal against the refusal of your Application. We have notified the place to whick you made your application and asked them to prepare the relevent documents for your appeal .This process is expected to take around 19 weeks. The Tribunal will write to you after 28 March.2011 with further details on how and when your appeal will proceed .You do not have to take any action at this stage .If you have any questions regarding the progress of your appeal.all. all correspondence should be sent to the address at the top of this notice quoting your appeal number OA/27925/2010To the Respondent.A Notice of Appeal was lodged on the 1 nov 2010 against the decision of the Respondent.A copy of the notice of the Appeal is inclosed. the Tribunal directs the Respondent to file by 28 march 2011 a copy of the notice of decision to wich the notice of appealrelates. and any other documents giving reasons for that deciion. together with the application form.record of interveiw .or any other unpublished documents on whick you rely.you must serve on the appellant. a copy of all the documents which you already sent to the Appellant, also have other letter that came after
Expert:  Clare replied 6 years ago.
Hi - When did you last hear from them? Claire
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
On sat 9 april 2011. saying that they did not get the documents only the appeal form.But the job and housing documents were in there with the appeal form. i think they have missed placed them.so i sent again today. judge puff its stitting on the bench again june 1 2011.they have been overnited so they will get them tommorow.i sent them on october the 30. and they were signed for there end. if they do put them in the right place for him to see he will look and decied on june 1 2011. i just hope my brother does not pass away bye then .i sent all this in may 2010. hopeing that my husband. would b able to spend some time with him as they were very close.we were told that he could not go to vist while the visa was pending. just incase he did not come back. but how could he say and never work. without a visa .we tryed to do it the right way and gone wrong
Expert:  Clare replied 6 years ago.
Hi - It would appear that your only problem is that they lost your documents - sadly not uncommon. It would be sensible to telephone and ask them to confirm safe receipt. It is clear that the length of your relationship has been effected and it is only the financial side that is in question - so if you also have work opportunities it would be sensible to give those details as well. Claire
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
IFwe are still waiting along time can my husband travel to the uk to see my brother before he passes away .will they let him in if he has a settlement visa pending. dont want to book flights just in case
Expert:  Clare replied 6 years ago.
Hi - Provided he has a return ticket - and does return to the US - this should not be a problem. Claire