Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

My grandmother was born in london. My husband and l are retiring

My grandmother was born in london. My husband and l are retiring soon can we buy a cottege in england? Will l need my ancestral entry certificate? My sister has lived in england for the past 30 years and we wish to spend more time in britain in our retiring years
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question.

What nationality are you?

How often would you intend to visit?

Is the Ancestry Entry Certificate a visa?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
l am australian and would be visiting for about 5 or 6 months of the year. Have not received ancestry certificate yet. do not want to work in the UK.However from what l have read l can get a 5 year working visa and live in the UK. We really just want to buy a house in the UK for our retirement years. regards Veronica
Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
hi Tom .So with the information that you have provided and we have met the criteria, we would be able to purchase a cottege in the UK? Regards Veronica
Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.

There is no restriction on you purchasing a cottage. You will just need to have your idenitifications certififed/notarised by an appropraite attorney/notary in Australia to pass to you UK solicitor. For this reason the purchase may take a little longer than it otherwise would if purchasing in the UK.

The restriction is on the amount of time you can spend in the UK and the above shows you how you can obtain a visa for your purposes.

I trust this clarifies, if so please click accept.

Kind regards,

Thomas, Solicitor
Experience: BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor