Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

good day, further to my recent question, as stated i wish to

good day, further to my recent question, as stated i wish to return to south africa, however, on closer inspection of my passport, i notice that it expired in february this year. so, now besides being an overstayer by some considerable time, i now have an expired passport as well..., please advise..

Good Morning Adrian,

The passport is not as much of an issue. You need to attend the south African Embassy in order to renew your passport. Your overstay does not prejudice your right to obtain a new South African passport. It is very unlikely that they will inform the UKBA of your overstay, usually they grant you a passport and then it is your responsiblity to update your visa status on your new passport.

I believe the SA embassy is here:-

South Africa House
London WC2N 5DP.
Tel:(NNN) NNN-NNNN7299
Fax:(NNN) NNN-NNNN7283

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,