Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Partner in national law firm.

I came to UK in summer 2004 with work permit for 1 year but

Customer Question

I came to UK in summer 2004 with work permit for 1 year but have not worked for the employer who issued the work permit but for the other two companies have worked in agriculture for the new employer denied his claim that no longer needs workforce is why we decided to look for another job. after almost two years I left England and found work in Dublin. My question is I have the right to work legally in Britain? but in Ireland?
Cititi fonetic
Nou! Faceti clic pe cuvintele de mai sus pentru a vizualiza traducerile alternative. Renuntati
Dictionar - Afisati dictionarul detaliatverb0.would
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Alice H replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

What is your origin and what type of passport do you hold?

Have you applied for a visa/entry clearance to return to the UK?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am Romanian and I came home from work in Northern Ireland (Armagh) In 2004.Am applied for a 1 year visa in Romania before coming to uk.Problema is that I worked at that employer who opened my work permit but I worked for another employer for a year and some months I do not know exactly. When I decided to go I got P45. What should I do and where to obtain legal resident card if I have the right course
Expert:  Alice H replied 5 years ago.
I am confused by your question. Romania is part of the EU and as a Romanian citizen you have freedom of movement to seek employment. I do not understand why you needed to obtain a visa. If you presently hold a Romanian passport you can work in UK without a visa.