Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX Italian/Brazilian and my girlfriend

Customer Question

Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX Italian/Brazilian and my girlfriend brazilian, on the 29th march was our civil wedding, we got the authorization from home office, she is not legal in this country. The problem was that some one that dont like her, call the immigration saying that she was getting married just to have the visa and 2 days before the wedd date the police came to our house and take her to emmigration, now she is in the detenction centre, we have prove of everything that we are a normal couple, like living together more then a year and half, we spend about 3 thousand pounds for the religios party. what can i do now, the only thing the immigration says is they are investigating the case, i dont have money to spend with solicitors because i already spend 1500 to try to release her but they refuse, the authorization expire on the 14th of april, im legal in this country and i have my rights too. please give me a advise asp. thanks
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  A. Valcke replied 5 years ago.

Dear Rafael,

I am sorry to hear of your problem.

I would suggest you contact Your Europe Advice on this issue. They can provide you with advice free of charge and refer you to organisations that can assist you further free of charge.

You can send them your enquiry here:

Good luck!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thanks Valcke but didnt help very much i allready had contact then but this is a rare case and they canot help very much. but thank you anyway