Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

I am british and have two british children one of five and

I am british and have two british children one of five and one nearly two their father is South African. I live in the UK and he lives in South Africa how can we get married and for him to live in the UK with us?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

Would you marry here or in SA?

Tom

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
In the UK would be best
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

OK.

You can apply for a fiance visa so that he can come here specifically for the purpose of marrying you. Once married he would then have to apply for a spouses visa (settlement). Two applications, two application fees

Here is the criteria you would need to fulfill for a fiance visa:-

• You plan to marry within 6 months of her arriving here (egg. statements from you and others, possibly a booking of a church/venue)
  • You plan to live permanently together here (statements, correspondence)
  • You have met each other before (eg. statements from you both and others, correspondence)
  • You can support each other without the need for public funds (bank statements, evidence of income, evidence of jobs available that your husband could do)
  • You have suitable accommodation which is owned or lived in only by you or your household and where you and your dependents can live without any help from public funds (tenancy agreement, land registry docs if you your own home)
  • That neither of you are younger than 21 years of age. (birth certificates, passports)

He will also have to pass and english language test showing he has a basic command of spoken and listening English. He can find out approved test providers in his area by contacting the UK embassy nearest to him.

You will need to apply for fiance/spouses visa using form VAF4 which is available for download from the UKBA website.

Once the visa is obtained it will be granted to him for a period of 6 months within which you can marry. You will then have to apply for a spouses visa, which will be granted for a period of 27 months. At the end of this time he can apply for indefinite leave to remain in the uK

You should consider instrucitng a immigration solicitor to prepare an applicaiton for you to give you the best possible chance of appoval upon application. You can find local solicitors via:-

http://www.lawsociety.org.uk/choosingandusing/findasolicitor.law

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,

Tom