How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7579
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

hi i came to the uk and i have indefinate leave but i had a

Resolved Question:

hi i came to the uk and i have indefinate leave but i had a child in my native country but didnot include him on the papers .i have applied before and has been denied entry is their a way you could help me.on what information i have to give in order to convince the imm officers that he is really my child
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

What reasons did they give for rejecting your application to bring him here?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

firstly when i was interviewed for my visa i stated that i didnot have a child on my interview because of what i was told prier to my application that people with children cannot get a visa so easily.

the size of my accormodation which is 2 bedroonm house which i share with 2 other children born here and my partner.

I have travelled back since and i have given them evidence of this but they were not satsfied with this .

my income which is about £1251 a month.i was told its not sufficient enough for the whole family but my husband is working and i provided proof of this.

They also noted that the applicant did not have accurate record of his parentage and i did not know what they meant by that.

these were the reasonms they gave me but am in the process of applying again and i have no idea if he will be considered .I would also need some advice on how to fill in the additional information on the application form. thanks

Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.



A record of parentage means evidence that the child is yours. Do you have a birth certificate from your home country confirming that the child is yours?


Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes .please could you tell me exactly what you need to provide a full andwer i have the childs birth certificate,photos withme on holiday ,baptism cards ,imunisation do you thjink this cuold help
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.



From the facts as you have communicated them to me, I think you should do three things in respect of your new application:-


1. Submit the birth certificate for the child, I presume this states that it is yours. If the birth certificate is in another language other than English then you will have to get it translated by one of the UKBA approved translators before you submit it with your applicaiton. As to the other documents you mention in your most recent post you should ask a local solicitor to draft a witness statement for you referring to the birth certificate, that the child is yours and submitting the further evidence as proof of parentage. Certified copies of documents will be annexed to the witness statement and you will have to sign/swear it in front of a solicitor.


2. Explain why you did not mention the child in your intial interview. It would be best if you could plausibly claim that you did not understand the question or that it was a mix of this and your honest mistake. Perhaps you were confused and thought they were asking if you were bringing your child here at that particular time.


3. If the income that is available to you is both yours and your husbands then you should make sure you detail this in your application and evidence it by submitting proof of that income. This should be in the form of bank statements, evidence of employement, tax returns etc. basically anything that is documentary proof of the income.

If in doubt about whether to submit a document, generally the best policy is to submit it.

Provided there are no other defects in your applicaiton you shoudl be fine, but you may ask for a solicitor to either draft the applicaiton for you (£800+Vat approx) or to check the one you have drafted (£350+Vat).


If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. You will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,


Thomas and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions