Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
18726264

my girlfriend is from the philippines and she is hear on a

my girlfriend is from the philippines and she is hear on a student visa which runs out soon we have been living together for a year as a couple and we are engaged to be married and she is 10 weeks pregnant what do i need to do to get a visa for her and my unborn child to stay hear with me as we want to get married before are child is born.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 5 years ago.
how long has been continously in the UK ? Are you both over 21?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am a uk citizen i am british and have lived here all my life my fiancee has been here in the uk for 1 and a half years she is 29 years old and I am 46 years old.
She is carrying my child we want to get married before the child is born and we both want are child to be born here and be a british citizen like me the father.
OK Thans for the info - provided she has been her legitimately for 8 months or more she is eligible to apply to stay as your wife. Unless you are under going a religious ceremony you will need a certificate to get married see here:http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/while-in-uk/marriageandcivilpartnership/eligibility/

Although this scheme may very shortly be abolished. Once you are married your wife can apply fro leave to remain as such - see here for the requirements http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/partnersandfamilies/partners/husbandswivescivilpartners/#header2
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
we have been told that she needs 3 months left on her visa for us to apply for us to get married but she only has a month left so is this true or not true can we apply for a marriage cert and can she then over stay here visa until the marrige takes place then apply for the other visa?
that depends upon how long it takes to get the certificate. the essential thing is that she applies before her leave to remain runs out. So if you cannot get married before then she must apply for an extension but if you are not able to get married or get and extension before her leave runs out it is highly probable that she will be required to apply for permission from outside the UK to come as a spouse. So you need to do what you can to get the certificate and get married before her leave runs out
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
how do we apply for an extension for her to stay so we can get married also as she is a catholic she will be disowned by her family if she goes home and will be homeless and persecuted by them and others.
Well if she is a student she may be able to apply for post study visa but otherwise there is not a lot you can do. She cannot apply to stay as a fiancee.