Clare
Clare, Solicitor
Experience:  25 years hight street experience

Why would a judge in the UK would ask for someone who was put

Customer Question

Why would a judge in the UK would ask for someone who was put in prison falsely but was found innocent for a anti-terrorist certificate? This certificate used to be a scam but now judges in UK saying this needed for a USA citizen in this situation to come back home. What's up with this?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Hi - The simple answer is they would not and there is no such certificate. Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What if a judge is asking for proof that person is not a terrorist. Maybe this person has the name of the certificate wrong. I figured this person was being scammed.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Hi - This is indeed a scam. he does not have to prove that he is not a terrorist - if he is suspected of being one he will either be arrested or immediately deported. Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I got the correct info now. Its a Metropolitian Police Authority or Authorization certificate. I read about this. It looks like its a certificate stating that the person was found innocent in a criminal case. Is this true? If so, how much does this actually cost? I heard its a fixed price but over $10k. This doesn't seem right to me.

Let me know!
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
HI - There is still no such certificate and no such cost. If there was any doubt about his conviction status then the police or immigration would run a computer check which would tell them his current status - and they would do it for free. There is no need to produce anything to leave the country - just a valid passport and a travel ticket. Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
This is a drug case but was found innocent. The judge is requiring this person to have some type of document before they will sign some legal document so he can leave the country. he has a valid passport but his work visa has expired. U know anythng about this at all?
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Hi - There is no such requirement at all. No Judge would be involved if this man is willing to leave the country. The only time he would be stopped is if he was still facing charges - and he is not required to produce a certificate saying that he is not. Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The Metropolitan Police Authority (MPA) has completed an in-depth scrutiny of the Metropolitan Police Service’s (MPS) approach to policing drugs. The review findings were intended to directly influence MPS policies and procedures in dealing with people involved in drugs.The review focused on ensuring the MPS had in place a coherent strategic approach to combating drugs. This included the MPS response to emerging performance and intelligence trends. The review also focused on the significance of partnership arrangements in this important area.so any foreigner who has a drugs case whith the police should here by involved him/her self with these certificate from his judge to make sure that he is not exporting drugs to another coutry been a citizen of that coutry.........these is a law made by the UN
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
HI - What is the rest of the quote and where i sit meant to be from? Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Said by the judge. Nothing I found online. U know anything about this at all. If you are not updated on this, can u please forward this to someone who is. This is urgent & crucial I get correct info.
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Hi - I work for a firm that represents people accused of such crimes. There is no such certificate required. Indeed no judge can or would give such a certificate. All that is required for this man to return to the states is that he turns up at the airport with a valid flight ticket and his passport. No certificates - nothing else required. Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
He has tried to go through the airport & gets stopped by customs. I know this for a fact bc I went to the airport. They said he had a valid flight ticket but was not let through by customs in UK. Other than they won't tell me anything else. His visa is expired though.
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.